where I share my experiences with the art of writing, publishing, and book marketing

where I share my experiences with the art of writing, publishing, and book marketing

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wow, I sure do a lot of things wrong

Here is an interesting article by Elmore Leonard titled 10 Rules of Writing it was published in the New York. Times on  July 16th,  2001. 
I have only just learned he passed away earlier this week at age 87. He wrote fifty novels during his sixty year career. I don't know them all but of those I do I know Get Shorty best. Of those novels, twenty six were adapted to film or television.  I don't tend to agree with all of his suggestions, but he does have reasoning behind them all.  For instance I like it when scenes are described in detail, right down to the smells if it is important, so I tend to do that when I write. Agree or disagree, but I believe you will find this interesting either way.
Comments are welcome.  I think this could be a very interesting conversation.
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/07/16/arts/writers-writing-easy-adverbs-exclamation-points-especially-hooptedoodle.html

No comments:

Post a Comment