where I share my experiences with the art of writing, publishing, and book marketing

where I share my experiences with the art of writing, publishing, and book marketing

Friday, August 9, 2013

So I was thinking...

You know what my favorite thing about self publishing is? I feel more like an artist. I certainly want to have an audience, so I can continue to write and live and there by live to write, but without having to please an editor or agent as well, I feel like I have purified the process. I'm not what some or maybe even most would call an accomplished author, but I am a writer. I paint pictures with words, and in writing I create galleries of them, often all at once. I am also an avid reader and when I read a rich piece I am moved by it, awed by the magic it plays in my head. Imagine when the words are my own and I find myself excited to have put them together in a solid image--when the magic is of my own making. That moment-- that self fulfilled moment is golden. I want to share that moment in its purest form with my readers in hopes that they too will feel the magic of the image. It is why I write. To share the magic. Pure uncensored magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment