where I share my experiences with the art of writing, publishing, and book marketing

where I share my experiences with the art of writing, publishing, and book marketing

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Intro

Join me on my journey as I share my experience with self publishing and my baby steps into marketing same. Feel free to comment and suggest. As with all things I believe that if we are to interact at a high level we should know something about each other. Since this is my blog, I'll start. I hope that in the time to come that we will get to know each other and share some trade secrets.

I have been a writer since I was about 8 years old, an author since I was 48. Sadly life got in the way. I'll spare you that, but suffice it to say it has been interesting. Sometimes a little too interesting.
  
So there I was, all pumped up for life to go my way for once. The master plan was right in front of us. We took our first steps. I went back to school and my man forged ahead to a lucrative position. He was happy in his work at last.  He was happy for me and happy to support me.  My life as a writer--solely as a writer was just ahead.  I would ace my studies in web design, (a tool to promote myself) and the goals we had set as young adults would finally come to be!!

Then it happened-- the powers that be spit upon our plan. My husband fell victim to braincancer. I spell it as one word because it is one event. Fortunately it was operable.  Unfortunately in the course of that surgery he aged about 20 years, both mentally and physically. I left him a vital sharp mind and he returned to me lost and confused. It has been just over two years now and he continues to recover physically, but mentally it is as if he has early onset Alzheimer's. Now I pick up my dream of writing again, it is a lesser priority, but not forgotten. My responsibility now is to market two books that I have self published.

No comments:

Post a Comment